add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does PSU fan always run or only when it gets hot and it turns on?

Starlana
  • 80 months ago

I purchased Corsairs TXM850 power supply, it is powering my PC, but the fan is not running on it. Does the fan always run, or does it just turn on and off as it gets too hot?

Comments

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

Low Noise with Zero RPM Fan Mode The fan doesn’t even spin under light to medium loads – that is, a lot of the time that you use your PC. And when you’re pushing it hard, the Enthusiast Series TX-M varies its fan speed in response to temperature, so the 140mm double ball bearing fan spins only as fast as it needs to. The result is exceptionally low noise levels. that was taken from the TX650M but i would assume they are all the same.

• 80 months ago
  • 1 point

So what you are saying is...don't freak if the fan blades are not moving at all if the PC has been turned on recently/isn't hot yet...:D I guess I can send in that MIR after all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube