add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
deathfromup

74 months ago

Hey guys,

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/deathfromup/saved/2AgH

This is a build for my friend that said he had a 500 dollar budget before the GPU. He wants an asus mobo non negotiable with decent future proofing, says he will never SLI/CF, and it is strictly for gaming/internet browsing. Also he is definitely wanting to overclock.

Does anyone know of any better RAM deals for 8gb1600? Is there a way i can fit an i5 into this kinda budget? I tried but its pretty hard without good sales. Does ne one know if the CM Hyper n520 compares to the 212 evo and or the tx3?

psu was already bought for 50 dollars on sale yesterday. the 500 budget is strict, would much rather be under than over.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Naw, in that budget you are stuck with AMD. You need to upgrade the motherboard IMO. I think the ASUS M5A99FX will work great.

If you have to cut the budget, the FX-6300 will work just as well as an FX-8350 for now. (Gaming and such). Egad, I wish the 6350 was just a little cheaper. While it uses more power than the 6300, it performs measurably better.

Good memory price, snatch it up if you need 8GB. (Which I would do). The case is pretty blah, but it will function. Good PSU. Get that HDD NOW if you want that price. Good choice BTW. Feel free to downgrade to the Seagate ST1000DM003 to save budget space if you like. No clue about the new cooler. Nice price on it though.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

good link, Favorited.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

is the main upgrade for that mobo the chipset? because he said that he doesnt really plan to sli or CF so i was try to not spend extra money on that feature.

What else makes it a better mobo?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1P59d

• Better cooler

• Wester Digital 1 tb Caviar blue

• Awesome deal on the PSU

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I was under the impression that if you plan to overclock the 8320 will perform almost exactly the same as the 8350 for 50 bucks less.

I agree with the cooler upgrade but the PUS is already bought.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1625395/amd-8320-8350-comparison.html

did a quick google. Turns out that the 8320's go into the "lower bin" which basically mean they will have a little trouble getting high overclocks but should be more than ok getting up to 8350 speeds.

Since he was going to buy a Aftermarket cooler anyways i think ill stick with the 8320.

thanks for the suggesiton

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool Cool, it'll free up some money in his budget then

Ya wish you had waited on the PSU though!

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

i was under the impression that GX is a tier 4 power supply? http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh crap sorry, I had remembered seeing the Cooler Master GX 80 Plus 450W (which is tier 2) and assumed the 650 would be the same

Sorry for that and thanks for the correction

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

still a good deal on that PSU tho. If his budget was tighter i would have gone with it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube