add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
deathfromup

74 months ago

There should be a place on the forum for people to post good deals that they have found for computer parts. I know there is a price drop feature but it doesn't catch all of the deals or obscure combos that people can find and look up. Like just last week i got a corsair tx650 for only 43 dollars with a 10% off code from newegg. I kept telling ppl about it in separate posts bc i would love to share these deals with the good ppl of pcpartpicker.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

I think its a great Idea.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks Joey. im always checking sites like techbargins and slickdeals. I promise if it gets made ill have some good content for it.

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

np, I would love to see this actually be implemented.

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Me too.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I apologize for the late response on this. It's something I've stewed on for a bit - I /think/ it's doable. The issues aren't necessarily technical, but rather contractual with some of the retailers we list (and what deals we're allowed or not allowed to promote).

One thing that might help work around some of the contractual issues would be to strip out or replace affiliate tags in links posted in that forum. I don't know if that'd be interpreted as shady or not though (I'm sure we could post that we do that though in case people thought we were trying to be sneaky about it).

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response. I see how this can get sticky. Its not the end of the world if this doesn't happen but i always do enjoy sharing the deals that i find with the people here. If this isn't possible ill just share them with a few people deep in the forums and hopefully other will see.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube