add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Games you play and how well your machine handles them?

fn230

44 months ago

To start off, my machine is this one. Core 2 Quad Q8300, GTX 750 Ti, 4 GB RAM.

I mostly play Cities: Skylines, which is very CPU-bound and causes the system to bottleneck almost immediately. The Q8300 constantly runs at 100% load, while the 750 Ti mostly just laughs it off. Of course this means I can't run the game very fast, but the good news is that instead of lagging, Cities: Skylines just slows down the in-game flow of time. I'm okay with this arrangement.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

i3 6100 GTX960 2GB plays H1Z1 @ 35-60 FPS on ultra (really depends on scene) and Fallout 4 on ultra @ 45-55 FPS. GPU is 100% and CPU is 80-90% with heat at 60 Celsius. Stock cooling. I feel this is a great combo. The card over clocks like a beast. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zsdZt6

my i5 4590/270x plays the same games a little bit better but the card is weak. GPU is 100% and CPU is 50%. Temps 50-60 Celsius stock cooling. A 380x or gtx 970 would be a much better match. Just waiting on a reason to upgrade. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vKPvTW

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Fallout 4
XCOM 2
Reign of Kings
Killing Floor 2
Chivalry
Metal Gear Solid Online
Banished

All maxed out, 1080p, 60 fps. Having always had crappy laptops in my life I'm proud to say that.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It's so fulfilling to see things that ran poorly on your old machines suddenly move along like clockwork. :D

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

I like not having to check out all the system requirements at all :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

haha, ditto.

I only need to care when playing at 4k on my 43"... which I do for rpg, action, racing, and flight/space sim games that can be used with just a game pad or my new wheel kit.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmmmmm 4K. I'm hoping to make the move in a year or two and get a 50 inch 4K tv for the next elder scrolls game :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

doesn't take much for the jump... im maxing out most games (limited to 30fps due to card not having hdmi 2.0 and tv not having display port) with a 4670k, 16gb ram, and a 280x...

I bought my tv last year for about $700, but you can find it on sales a lot now for about $500... and im seeing 50" 4k screens for about $600-850 for the usual vizio and lg models. I went with vizio because of the zone lighting and full backlight... seems the only way to get a better looking screen is to double the price or more

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an I7-6700 with 16GB RAM and a GTX 960 I run the following at max settings without any problems

Fallout 4 Witcher 3 Leage of Legends X-Com 2

Its pretty decent for games until the new UE4 engine comes out later this year.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The only PC games I consistently play are JC3 and CS:GO. Obviously with an i7-4771 and a GTX 960 CS:GO runs really well, and JC3 runs well enough on med-high settings. Ive never measured my fps in a game, so I can't tell you what FPS i get.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Currently on my htpc white fusion build which is 4690k R9 Nano which on the 1080p to I use it on, as a console replacement does a pretty good job and can max most settings. Went a bit overkill for just a htpc as its under a custom loop so I will not need to dismantle it which is effort.

Main pc connected to 3440 x 1440 ultrawide, which I sold yesterday funnily enough for the ROG 100hz varient out soon. I expect my main pic should be able to max everything on that also, unless sli is not supported.

Both much nicer then the laptops I was using for most of my life until mid last year :D

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

Game: TF2

Machine: dell inspiron N15/N5050 (>2gb ram, no discrete GPU, 3-6 hour battery life, second generation I3 CPU)

Result: I forgot

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it at least run at playable speeds? I would hope it does.

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

I think so

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

An improvement for sure, even if the results aren't stellar. Sometimes, that's all that's needed.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Ark does have some really poor optimization though

Pretty much. ARK makes my PC scream for mercy at 1440p with a 390x and I7 4790k.

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Modern games in general are not well-optimized. :P

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

It's unfortunate. We could be doing so much more with our hardware. :/

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

sigh

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube