add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What are your views on humanity as a whole

dphillips157

44 months ago

are we despicable creatures bent on destruction or simply a species that has yet to find there way

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 3 points

Humanity is on a path of self destruction.

Greed: There is greed in almost all levels of society. Large companies try to pay as little tax as possible. Politicians screw us all over. The gap between the rich and the poor in Western nations has been increasing etc. There is also enough food in the world to ensure that no one goes hungry, despite that many people die of starvation...

Discrimination: People still get discrimated against due to their sex or the colour of their skin. In the US how much more violence is committed on a person of colour? How many black people have been gunned down by the police in comparison to whites?

Mistrust: The Earths world powers mistrust and are suspicious of one another. The whole reason why nuclear weapons still exist despite the Cold War being long over is just for a Mexican standoff on a large scale. If anyone fires first that would be the end for all of us.

Natural Resources: We have used the Earths natural resources in complete disregard to the repercussions on future generations and the negative impact it could be having on our planet.

I could go on and that's without even mentioning things like terrorism.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

mistrust

Thats exactly how i see it. A mexican standoff between all the earth's nuclear-capable countries. If one of them fires a shot (a nuke) or gives the impression that they did, we are all screwed.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly. All that needs to be said.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

You're right. These are all things we need to fix if we want to go farther in our existence.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

We can definitely be better, but I don't think we're as bad as the critics think.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

We are pretty awful.

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Well.... Let's look at the facts

Manirelli did change his avatar.

Yes... we're terrible

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

human...oh how i wish i could be something more... something greater... something.. perfect. it tears at my very essence to be classified with a species that bends its own society and designs themselves to not only hate, but see that hate as acceptable. if all humans were of the same color skin, they would find different ways to hate one another.

every single day of my existence, i feel myself growing darker, my soul decomposing as i see the world around me slowly falling into entropy because of what humans have made. i don't see myself as a pessimist, or a cynical creature. i see myself as one who objectively observes reality, one who can see beyond the thin veil of what the humans wish to see... so much of this world is a lie, a farce, simply our desires corrugating into perceived fact. our ways of describing what we see are based around our desires, what we want from our species.. we want to expand, to become more... more than we have a right to be.

have they done good? sure, humans have done good. they have done a lot of good. have they done bad? most definitely. what other species wars against itself for differences? not territory, not resources, not food, water, survival necessity. humans war because we can. we war because we want to. "go kill yourself." that's a common phrase nowadays. we want each other to die.

but yet, what else do we do? we fear death.. our modern medicine is not based around prolonging the quality of your life.. it is to prevent death. nothing more, nothing less. we prevent death for as long as we can because we are terrified of it. hypocritical much? we wish to cause and see death, but are also terrified when it comes down to us.

in the end, however, none of our opinions... none of our beliefs, religions, wants, needs, desires, greed, jealousies, hatreds, loves, emotions, dreams... nothing that we crate, what we see as tangible... none of it matters. for we all came from the same material, we all were created the same way, and.

we all die in the end. we all end up lifeless.. no soul, no emotion. empty shells of the being we once were.

and we want everyone except ourselves to reach this point

if i ever get the chance.

the world will burn.

and i will end watching the flames.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

villain base for a good story?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

........................deep

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

so deep i can't see you anymore

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

nah...........i have ascended

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

beyond the realm of our relative measurements for the passage of entropy?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

..............................sure....u could say that

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

As a species, we could be better.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Like that guy in the matrix said, we are a virus. We are not at an equilibrium with nature like other animals, but instead spread from place to place, consuming up all resources, and moving on,.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Everybody fights too much. We all just need to live our lives and try to love everyone. That would be best.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

We completely blow.

I don't believe in humanity, but I do believe in our potential.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Tbh, I'm surprised we didn't panic-nuke the world during the Cold War.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

That´s what the Lord of the Flies book is based in.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

The statement of "kill yourself" in response to "humans are violent" is fallacious. Homicidal and suicidal are two totally different things.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

burn it

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkCwFkOZoOY

I know the movie is fictional, but most of what he says is true.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Let's face it some of us would kill the other to win the msi contest

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Just a blip in existence. Our rise and fall will be an unheard tale in the story of the universe.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Needs improvement

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Your post may have been a little over the top. Sure people down on people alot but, the fact is, we do need to get better. I'm not saying that were terrible, my opinion is that we fight too much. Once we fix that, we will be able to do alot more.

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Your right, there is alot of good, but the good is for naught if we don't bring light to and fix the all bad stuff.

Think about it, and see that I don't disagree with you.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly most likely true.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube