add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
MacGoreth

44 months ago

What is the "COMMENT KARMA," and what purpose does it serve? I've just noticed that I have 9.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 4 points

You use it to purchase things from the secret karma store on the site. (This is a joke and a very common one here at that)

Seriously though, Whenever you comment you have 1 point next to your name if people like what you say they upvote you and you get karma if they don't they downvote you. Its supposed to be a way to show you that your being helpful, but most people upvote because they find a comment funny and entertaining (a lot of helpful comments get ignored, but funny comments always get upvoted). It just represents that, it doesn't actually have a use and wouldn't be considered an accurate representation of how helpful people are hence why most people don't care about it.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

You clearly don't use reddit

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I do xD but just to ask questions on the /r/buildmeapc and /r/buildapc subreddits :) but now I know what the karma point means there and here

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube