add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pcpartpicker Web app [Android]

tydowntyty

42 months ago

I made a small pcpartpicker app it really just loads the website but it is very much lighter weight and it just looks better!

Apk v1: (Staff asked me to take it down, sorry)

As far as I know this app only works on android 5.1.1 and lower with no support for arm64 and x86 sorry about this and i'll work on a patch to fix this.

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

While I appreciate the sentiment, I kindly ask you to remove it. Here's why:

• PCPartPicker is a trademarked term, so the usage of "PCPartPicker App" violates that trademark. Users could be confused that it is a sanctioned app from us or one we officially support.
  • We do have agreements with some retailers that this violates, specifically that we are not allowed to advertise their site from a mobile app. Doesn't matter whether it sounds ridiculous or not, that's just the way it is.
  • We have a native Android version of PCPartPicker currently under way (that has specific workarounds for the retailer limitation above).
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

ok I understand...

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ill take down the link

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

So what should I do keep the apk to my self?

or do you want me to delete it off my mediafire account to?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

If it is publicly accessible, yes, I'd prefer it be taken down. Basically I ask that you not distribute it.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

ok ill get working on taking it down.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It is now deleted

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I love how your working on an app whats the release date?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

We don't have a release date yet - essentially we'll release it as soon as it is ready. We've still got a ways to go, but we do have a partial functionality build here.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

still cant wait! :D

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Just out of wonder what do you have working?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Please just trust me that it's in work, and we'll release it as soon as it is ready.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean what parts of the app work so far?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I would ask for the apk but i'm guessing it under the file [TOP SECRET] Right? :D

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

We are not going to share it until it is ready.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

as you

You misspelled "ask"

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Great, job I'll test it out and see how well it works. You could try adding a feature that will give your phone a notification if you get a message.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

There is a problem parsing the package

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

What version of android? I'm guessing android 6.x

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Lollipop

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

... OK are you using arm8?

Because that arm64

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Sad its taking sooooo long for and APK. This is the best site for my builds .please hurry up . The world would be a better place with the PCPARTPICKER ANDROID AND IPHONE MOBILE APP . HAVE A GREAT DAY!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry mods told me to take it down

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Sad.

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

We're working on a native app. All the apps that have popped up to date have just been embedded browsers of our site - as in exactly the same experience you get using just a browser.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Please do. This site deserves it. And thank you for the great work. Keep it up. Also .. What going on with prices and part updates. On the costume part section. Would be nice to be able to add a link and have the site update info and pictures of products.

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't see it doing that right now because all it does is just loads the page. It's made that way so it can be used on old and slow phones

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

But mainly because the page looks good as an app.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube