add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Ever build (Everything look good to purchase?)

drisky

49 months ago

Hey,o you think anything can be improved within this budget? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YJXN8d

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget? Is this a strictly gaming build? And do you plan on overclocking?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah just gaming and yes I plan on overclocking. its currently £960 dont really want to go up anymore!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Here you go, updated it to a skylake build for better performance and messed around with a couple of parts. Changes:

CPU: Skylake locked cpu as I doubt you will do overclocking.

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG is one of the best up and coming computer cooling brands I have seen. Their stuff is top notch for a amazingly low price.

Mobo: Switched it out with a new z170 mobo that has overclocking ability encase you ever upgrade your cpu. Mobo's are probably the longest lasting main component in a computer as many company's make their stuff backward compatible for a long time. (Intel with haswel)

Ram: 8gbs of super fast ddr4 ram, very reliable and nice looking without being super tall either.

GPU: Ok so this is the biggest change in my opinion. The r9 390x used to be just a bit under the 980ti but with more and more driver updates it keeps inching closer to how it performs. Recently with the amd crimson driver update performance from what I hear has yet again jumped up. So really this card rivals the 980ti at a lot cheaper of a price.

PSU: Swapped it out with a cheaper but just as reliable psu. Its not fully modular but it will work just as well as the evga psu for a bit cheaper price.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor £155.00 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler £16.49 @ Ebuyer
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £115.87 @ More Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £43.29 @ Amazon UK
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £47.42 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.98 @ Amazon UK
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card £319.96 @ CCL Computers
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £66.35 @ Aria PC
Power Supply Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £68.99 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) £72.30 @ CCL Computers
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter £24.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £965.64
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-16 00:52 GMT+0000

Thats it, If you have any questions feel free to ask :D

Edit: Just saw in the last reply you made that you do plan on overclocking. With that said I would go with the unlocked i5 6600k. I5 is really all you need for gaming when it comes down to it. Its around 30 more but if you are willing to save up that much more money this would probably be the best build for you. :)

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

really....

the CX is not good and of all the CX the 750 watts is the worst. The OP has an excellent PSU which honestly is the most important component inside a build as everything depends on it

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=416

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh snap, someone actually pointed this out to me yesterday but its was super late. I guess I reversed the two or something. +1 for catching that haha thank you :)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Was a little difficult, but I was able to get you updated to Skylake and keep the price almost the same. This would give you a little more bang for your buck and it is even overclock capable. Could always upgrade the GPU later on.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £199.98 @ More Computers
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler £24.99 @ Ebuyer
Motherboard MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £117.34 @ Amazon UK
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £43.36 @ Ebuyer
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £47.42 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.98 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card £259.99 @ Amazon UK
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £66.35 @ Aria PC
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £89.99 @ Novatech
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) £72.30 @ CCL Computers
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter £24.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £981.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-16 01:22 GMT+0000

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube