add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Huge price cut on coolermaster liquid cooler

deathfromup

76 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rls12m24pkr1

I was wondering how this brand would compare to the Coolermaster hyper 212 evo. Since they are currently the same price i was wondering if it performs better.

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

The following is for the AMD FX-6300:

With the Hyper 212 EVO, you should be able to hit about 4.4-4.5 ghz. With the Seidon 120M, you should be able to hit about 4.6-4.7 ghz. Water cooling will let you reach higher speeds. But, you might have to replace a pump and fan instead of just a fan.

If you really need the extra speed, then get water cooling, if not, stick with air cooling.

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

that is the weirdest thing ever. I was just thinking about that

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Seidon-120M-CPU-Cooler-Review/1782/6

This cooler is approx. 2-3c cooler than any CM 212 EVO equivalent.

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

Eh MIRs are such a hassle and a gimmick.

I had the Hyper 212 and it never shot over 65C, I had a i5-760 @ 4.1Ghz (2.8Ghz stock).

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

yeah I just got done sending in 7 MiR's for the computer I built. They definitely don't make it easy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube