add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

To PCPartPicker users with older accounts who used to be more active

LeMonarque

51 months ago

Greetings from a fellow old soul :) I'm interested to know why you guys aren't as active anymore!

I used to be comment pretty frequently on these forums (multiple times a day), but I don't nearly as much anymore. Every so often I stop in the forums to see what's up and I can't help but notice how I don't recognize anybody's username! It's a little sad but cool at the same time, because it shows how much this website has grown over the years.

So, why aren't you more active? For me it's kind of twofold: 1) upperclassman college classes and worrying about internships/research/experience now kills my free time, 2) in the free time that I do have, I find that as time goes on, the more and more you clarify stuff or provide info to people, the more you feel like you're saying the same things and doing the same routine over again. I guess after a couple years and in this day and age of computer parts most stuff is generally already well-known or easily found out through some research - even more so than it was when I was more active. PC configuration slowly became less exciting to me, or perhaps I now focus more on what I do with my computer (photography and video) and the equipment ecosystems associated with that rather than what goes inside the computer itself.

In any case this website was the start of many things for me and I'm sure it had the same impact for a lot of people, so thought it might be cool to catch any of you lurkers who might read this!

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Im online every day on pcpp and 3 of my friends abandoned their pcpp accounts.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

not as active anymore because everyone here is a nerd

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

it was a joke lol

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Back before the site update, this site use to be busy. Now it's like a ghost town. most have moved to greener pastures.

o and staff involvement. Before you would mention an idea and if it was good it would get added. Now it just seems we get the "we are working on something like that" or "we have no plans to add that" and nothing seems to get done. Seriously I cant name anything they have changed in the last year. And how long have we been trying to add server support....? Years.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure why you think it is a ghost town. We have only experienced growth in all areas of the site.

Big features take longer and we don't make announcements for all the little things that change.

Our stance on server support has been roughly the same since we started - it is a secondary goal for a small niche market and has far more compatibility concerns.

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not an old user, but I still want to say that it's still fairly active in the forums section.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to post here often but now I just come and go every now and then. It's nothing against the site but life takes over.

I have learned a lot on this site and I think I have helped others learn a lot too, so it feels like I have paid my dues

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't call myself an old account but I've been browsing the site for a couple of years and thought it was an awesome community so I made my account and post aw much as I can but I agree with you there is lots of new accounts but still lots of people who used to post daily that have gone off the radar I've been curious about what happened to them but it will forever be a mystery

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I never really posted much, but for some of the same reasons you have listed, I haven't been nearly as active as a year or two ago. Once I swapped to the new motherboard/i7/W10 4 months ago, I haven't even had any time to play games or overclock it for that matter! But I still have PCPartpicker as one of my chrome homescreens.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to comment a fair amount, then school happened. Plus some other things. Hopefully I'm going to start commenting more again!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube