add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this stupid or awesome?

deathfromup

77 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1zD8s

What are the potential bottlenecks here for the 780? Will an overclocked 6300 even come close to supporting a 780?

Is the 780 too imbalanced or could it work?

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Not stupid. You won't bottleneck your 780 with the 6300.

Though if you haven't already bought the PSU, I would switch it for the TX650 at least if you're running that quality of a GPU.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

haven't bought ne thing yet. Im just looking at future upgrades for my current build. all i did was add in the CPU cooler and replace the GPU with a 780.

I definitely agree that i should up the PSU with the 780 and overclocking now that i look at it again. Was just trying to keep it under 1000.

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points

It's not really about the wattage as much as it is about the quality of the components that make up the PSU. That build completely overclocked would be totally fine with a 500W PSU, it's just that you could get a PSU that feeds your system better in terms of the quality of its power output.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube