add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

£450 Budget, Made this list, please don't laugh at me. Is there something better for the same money?

KinkyRabbit97

50 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4KryCJ

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not bad but I would change the graphics card, the R9 270x is not that good and for £185 you should be able to buy a GTX 960 which would be a lot better, I have actually seen the GTX 960 on Amazon for £150

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

the 270x is fine. the 960 is better, but not by THAT much. I wouldnt pay 50 percent more for one on such a low budget...

and the ssd is wasting cash... its not big enough to be much use, and its not usefull enough to justify not using that money towards other parts.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Would that be compatible with the cpu and other hardware?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

My advice on this subject would be to scrap the SSD as the SSD is a waste of cash!!! Also I would recommend the 960 from personal experience over the 270X. Hope this helps :D P.S. All these parts should be compatible, PCPP will tell you if they're not.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

That's £530..

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I am aware of this now, must've added on something else before I finished the list. Sorry guys!

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £95.30 @ Novatech
Motherboard MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £64.42 @ Ebuyer
Memory Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £36.64 @ Ebuyer
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.74 @ Aria PC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card £120.00 @ CCL Computers
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case £37.78 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £35.47 @ More Computers
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse £25.48 @ Aria PC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £449.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-24 10:44 BST+0100
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Why the i3? I guess I'm just a AMD fanboy :D

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Given that the Haswell i3 is comparable in gaming performance to any FX chip.. and the skylake one is better I would say it's a good call. It also has an upgrade path to skylake i5 and i7 which are unrivaled for gaming performance right now. FX has no upgrade path.

Also the power consumption of this i3 build is tiny given its performance. Every little helps.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks mate, I like the look of this.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Well your list price is currently £530 so I mad use of it and put a extra £30 on it sadly however this would be my personal preference for that budget. I did some research on the motherboard and it sounds like you may need to do a BIOS update however I didn't spend that long checking.

Partlist ~ http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube