add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can this build handle CPU overclocking?

deathfromup

79 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1tM7J

This is my current setup. Bought the parts a week ago with lots of help form this site. Overall it is working amazing and I'm surprised with the performance for the price. The only complaint that Ive had is that there are times where I'm hovering around 80-90% computer usage in the task manager. This is causing my CPU to get up at around the mid 50 deg C.

This is leading me to my next upgrade which will be a https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr

My question is with this build will there be any problems overclocking if the cooler is working real well? The estimated wattage with the cooler is 374W. Is the 500W supply enough? Also is this cooler strong enough for overclocking.

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

This CPU can handle overclocking.

The motherboard can handle it but not to the extreme maybe like 4.3

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thanks for the reply. As far as the PSU, is 500W enough to overclock to 4.3?

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

600W would be a better bet

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

hmmmm i c, might be out of budget for this paycheck then.

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

Sorry but its better safe than a power supply blowing up your components

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube