add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cable Sleeving

Oliver
  • 82 months ago

Hi all, For my build in progress right now, I want sleeved cables (not extensions) for the Corsair AX850 in a custom pattern. I've heard it's very hard to custom sleeve AX power suppies. Does anybody have info on how to approach this task? Thanks alot! --Oliver

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

http://lutro0-customs.com/ , this guy has guides on his website. :) Good luck!

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

You could if you don't want to sleeve them yourself, go to corsairs site and buy a Corsair AX cable kit. http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/psu-accessories-1.html Or you could de-pin the connections yourself and re-sleeve them.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I want custom colors, so I wouldn't buy from Corsair, so I would de pin it, but I heard specifically that corsairs wires do some tricky stuff like splitting from one to two wires making it hard to sleeve.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

okay. We just throwing that out there. I am going to make my own. I want custom length, that and the SeaSonic psu wires are a pain in the as$ to get out.

You could go all out and make you own.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I am finishing up resleeving all of the PSU cabling as single sleeves. It can be a long process, and my recommendation is buy quality sleeves. Nils makes the best- http://en.mdpc-x.com/ I used three different types of sleeves on my build and these worked the best by far. A little Pricy and it ships from Germany but for me it was so much easier with this compared to the rest. Especially if you are doing 60+ cables like I had. Wish I had bought more. Good luck and happy building!

-Nate

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you say they're better than lutroO's sleeves?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm planning on buying LutroO's custom Telios sleeving, and I'm sleeving without heatshrink. Thanks for your help!

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't know as this was my first time sleeving. I used mdpc-x, mod/smart, and bits power plus an off brand for smaller cables bought at micro center.

Mdpc-x absolutely amazing. Mod smart pretty good Bitspower meh Off brand- eff this where's the trashcan lol

Let us know how you liked whichever you go with as its only my opinion and love to hear what worked for you! Cheers, Nate

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube