add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh gosh, I was just reading over my answer and realized I never talked about the sound card! So here's the scoop.

If I had to do it all over again, I would skip the sound card or buy a higher quality, NON-ASUS card. It was the biggest mistake I made in my build and I don't even use it now. ASUS has virtually zero support commitment to their sound cards, which have buggy drivers and in the case of my card, slow down your boot up.

There actually is a noticeable sound quality difference and buzzing/hissing reduction at high volumes through my Logitech Z623 speakers, but the drivers are just so bad and the boot up time increase so much that I don't use it anymore.

I would stick to the onboard sound of your motherboard, buy a high quality non-ASUS card, or buy a USB DAC and hook your speaker system/headphones up to it. Whatever you do, avoid ASUS Xonar sound cards.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha. Ya, I probably wont go for a sound card unless I feel like the sound quality built into the motherboard i end up going with is below expectations. Thank you so much for your help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube