• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Edens_Remorse -2 points 46 months ago

Completely false. Why must you insist on talking about things you no so little about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0_6RbCHA4

jacobs4525 1 Build 1 point 46 months ago

There are 3 holes I can poke in that video.

1) it's an AMD promotion. They won't show anything that gets bad performance, so they cherry picked a non CPU intensive part of the game.

2) they are playing on multiple monitors. The GPU is going to be the holdup in this case, not the CPU. This is why an Athlon will have much worse performance when paired with a GTX 970 at 1080P than a 4790K, but both will appear to perform equally at 4k. The reason for this is that the GPU can no longer keep up with the game, and it's not that the CPU isn't good enough, it's that both the CPU AND GPU aren't good enough.

3) thief is not NEARLY as intensive as other games. BF4 runs like *** on anything less than an i3 in multiplayer. Star Citizen stutters like a ***** on anything worse than an i7. A non CPU-bound game is not a particularly impressive demonstration of their CPU power. It'd be like saying an R7 250 is powerful enough to run any game, then playing a CPU-bound game like minecraft to prove it.

Edens_Remorse 0 points 46 months ago

1) It is almost like you can't remember what I've shared just a few paragraphs ago. Are you being intentionally difficult? DX12 will prevent situations where games are cpu bound(short of absolute failures at the dev's level).

2) If you truly understood what you were saying here you would actually understand what I've been saying this entire time - you are soooo close to reality it hurts me. You see, soon GPUs and interfaces will be where bottlenecks show up assuming you have a quad-core or better CPU/APU. You are almost there buddy!

3) Look at Mantle and BF4 if you really want a peek into the future. Also, star citizen is still quite the mess concerning optimizations and changes with each update - not a good example in any way.

philip staff submitter 10 Builds 4 points 46 months ago

Alright, if you want to debate things on technical merit, that's fine. But leave the condescension and snark out of it. Don't be rude to other users, whether you agree with them or not.

jacobs4525 1 Build 3 points 46 months ago

You're new here, but I won't warn you again, talking like that is a good way to get yourself perm-banned. You're simply insulting my understanding instead of providing a counter argument. If one of your future replies has a legitimate counter, I will reply. If not, have a good day. I'd advise trying not to be rude on this forum, as it has very active admins who are good about keeping things friendly around here. Again, we're all just here because we like PCs. No need to insult or attack anyone.

Edens_Remorse 0 points 46 months ago

It comes as no surprise that you feel the need to threaten me with a perma-ban for merely pointing out facts. If you were offended by my reactions to you I can't help you - I've still got a smile on my face. The only thing that makes me sad at this point is that I know there are so many more out there holding fast to the same misinformed/misguided perspectives as you do just waiting to "help" others out on forums such as this. I would encourage you to do more research before posting on sites such as this with such strong opinions.

goodra 1 Build 2 points 46 months ago

jacob is saying that your attitude is the problem, not your "facts." You really should hop off your high horse when trying to have a discussion with someone.