add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

it's the best Price to Performance. You can't get a video card that's 3rd best performing for $300. And the 4GB can only do 3.5GB is overblown. Doubt anyone even needs 4GB unless they are doing 4K and if they are, they are most likely have a 980 or SLIs anyways...

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

SLI is overrated at this current time anyway, what with game devs not adequately supporting for SLI Support and the like. It seems more fruitful to go for a Single Powerful GPU at this current time and just wait the tides out until Devs actually think about doing support properly. Or that Nvidia releases the patches for it to work adequately. 970 has also been known to have some performance drops with new games.

Some games have been known to use 4GB's at ultra settings, and in some cases the older cards like the 780Ti actually perform better for such games like Shadow Of Mordor, which is kind of hilarious.

I am in agreement though out of this current Gen going 980 seems to be the best bet, Or just be patient and wait for NVidia's next flagship.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

actually SLI is very worth it if you have 144hz monitors as in games I'm getting 144 fps on Ultra. I've benchmarked Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age: Inq, WoW, all get over 130 FPS on Max on my 970 SLI.

I have the 780 Ti. Compared to the 970, it gets slightly better frames in Shadow of Mordor benchmark (probably due to the 384 memory bandwidth). However, SLI 970s just crush it. SoM 780 Ti benchmark would get avg 92 FPS on Ultra. 970 SLIs got 132 FPS. Ofc I'm biased as I'm running a 144 hz monitor lol

I haven't encountered any issues with SLI...maybe some heat but 60 deg is quite ok imo.

just my 2 cents :)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Shadows of Mordor did report at one point to have graphical glitches which has probably been fixed. games however that show most issues are games like far cry latest as well as a few of the newer games... that I can't really remember but I have heard reports of annoying glitches and texture artifacting that makes it not very enjoyable to play. It really comes down to a matter of preference really. I'm perfectly happy to game at 60FPS that is a average I will always be happy with.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube