add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

well the g10 is only an adapter to mount the corsair h55 all in one water cooling kit and it is copper

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I meant I didn't know if there was much clearance between the VRMs and the G10. AFAIK there's nothing making contact on the VRMs? Just the fan above it? Copper heatsinks will definitely cut down the temps a bit if that's the case. I'm no expert and don't want to say anything horribly wrong but I believe they provide more surface area for the heat to dissipate and that lets the fan cool it off more effectively.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i am kind of lost of what is vrm? sorry can u explain where the the vrms located at lol

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Take a look at this. Take into account that you have a single GPU card. The point is that the G10 only effectively cools the GPU core/die and not the VRMs or any other components.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NZXT-Kraken-G10-Review-527/

this review shows how hot the vrms and voltage regulators will get. these are on the back of the card. you mostly have to worry about the vrms not being cooled by the fan, which would be on the other side opposite the fan, and on the back side of the card where the open pcb is. keep in mind putting on the heatsinks will ruin the chances of putting the stock cooler back on. once the heatsinks go on they wont come off

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I thought that image might be a bit old. I wish I could go full WC, but I am stuck on air for now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube