add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I think I have a better understanding now, much appreciated.

Sort of off-topic: do you think this might cascade in a way so that more countries leave the EU? Possible international conflict in the future?

• 7 months ago
  • 4 points

No probs.

In terms of conflict, no there will not be any conflict as such. Regardless of what happens there will be a relationship in place between the UK and EU, just that overall it will be worse then what we have now, there is no up side (or those who see leaving the EU as we progress to a land of milk and honey have never really been able to provide solid benefits)

In regards to other countries leaving the EU, no also. Well not at least any time soon. Even those EU governments who are EU skeptic understand the benefits of the EU vastly outweigh the negatives and in fact since triggering our article 50 (notice to leave the EU) support for the EU has generally risen. I have no doubt seeing the abysmal negotiations by the UK in the process is no doubt proving a use case as to why leaving is largely dumb.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube