add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 11 months ago
  • 3 points

Seconded, the S8 was a fantastic phone for me. If I didn't need to switch to iPhone for reliability reasons I would have definitely kept it for another year or two.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

What kind of reliability issues did you have?

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm T1 diabetic, and my S8 was disconnecting from my bluetooth CGM (constant glucose monitor) pretty frequently. As this could happen for several hours during the night and I wouldn't know about it until morning, it became a major health issue. I get zero disconnects now, though looking back it might have been some other application interfering with it rather than the operating system or RAM management kicking the application out of memory.

I was also just having problems with reliability on my previous Android phones in general. Figured I'd take the jump and if I hated it, switch back. Ended up liking it a lot.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow that's crazy. I can see the reason to switch.

I got a note9 and its definitely been the best phone I've owned.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah Android phones definitely have their place. There's some fantastic options nowadays.

It's kind of funny, because in my house I was the one always encouraging the family to go with Android, and even convinced my mom, a longtime iPhone user, to switch. Lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube