• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

GeomiZ 1 point 15 months ago

Allright, but I am gonna livestream not so CPU intensive games so i choose 8GB ram and maybe buy other 8GB later IF I see a reason. Why do you kindly help people on this forum? Is this your job?

Lobsterareawesome 8 Builds 1 point 15 months ago

Yeah 8GB are fine for the moment. You can always upgrade later. just amke sure to get the same RAM stick. And no it is not my job but I just like to do it. PC building is SO awesome but I know how hard it can be to build you first PC if you have no clue what you are doing and there are some mistakes I made during my first build too. So if I am able to make the start for other people easier then I am very happy. There are some people who are condescending to new PC builders because they don't know much but thats stupid since everybody started from nothing. We have to help each other out. :D

Yeah, I have already taught some of my friends with the info you gave. What do you mean with: 'Just make sure to get the same RAM stick' ?

If you upgrade to 16GB in the future make sure to buy the same ram stick as you already have. mixing ram sticks can cause problems. It doesn't have to but it usually does. So to avoid the trouble just try to buy the same exact RAM as you already have

Is it alright that I first don't buy a SSD, but I will buy it later if I see a need for faster rebooting and loading times? What is the benefits and differences between 'HDD', 'SSD' and 'HDD+SSD' ?

You dont really need a SSD. its just faster than a harddrive and wont give you any performance boost in games. You usualy get a SSD for the operating system and your most important programs and a Harddrive for storage. What you could do is to get a hybrid. Seagate Firecudas are hybrids. They are a mix of harddrives and SSD. They are faster than a regular harddrive but slower than a SSD. That would be a viable option. The only downside of a SSD is its price.