• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

bloodstainer 3 points 20 months ago

Not the point I'm making. The fact remains that we should always give people advice on how to get the most bang for their buck, and not telling people to OC when they have an unlocked multiplier, to me, that's hipocracy, sure I understand that not everyone will OC, but that doesn't we should still tell them to because it's free extra performance.

KevinMoondust 11 Builds 1 point 20 months ago

No one said we shall not inform the end consumer that they can OC the chip; we can do so, but the choice I made was a locked setup because either we assume the consumer is none the wiser to OC the chip, or again, isn't interested in OCing. Just because a chip can be OCd and is widely known doesn't mean we should assume every owner of the chip will OC it.

bloodstainer 2 points 20 months ago

And I don't agree, whatsoever. Buy a B350 board, not a A320, even if you dont' want to OC today, you do that tomorrow. And then there's the fact that a B350 baord will have a much better re-sale value.

KevinMoondust 11 Builds 1 point 20 months ago

Unless you're in a developing country, the re-sale value is non-existant as is in the US market. You simply slowdown the depreciation but it's most likely you're still gonna get pennies for your setup at your local Craigslist, A320 or B350.

bloodstainer 2 points 20 months ago

Are you kidding? Take a look at what p67, z68, z77 boards well for, compare those prices to motherboards for the LG 1155 era that are locked and you can't OC on. Claiming re-sale isn't a thing is bullcrap. A H61 isn't worth anything, while a Z77 certainly will be. Just like a unlocked 2500k is worth a hell of a lot more than a 2400

KevinMoondust 11 Builds 0 points 20 months ago

Those have high resale values because Sandy Bridge is still relevant; Ryzen is too young of an architecture for you or me to analyze if market behaviour towards the platform will be like that platform. Another reason why H61 isn't worth a damn is because they mostly have SATA II and PCI-E 2.0.