add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, but AMD is always gonna give a very a conservative number, it's just the nature of the business. I've done a ton of research and it seems like the best and most knowledgeable overclockers say 1.4V daily is safe on top end air cooling/AIO/custom water loop, or 1.45V on something like chilled water.

I'm finishing up a final, completed build post (leaving this one up for people who want to know about the stock cooler) that I'm gonna keep updated with overclocking results and temps if you're curious. Let me just say this to whet your appetite: 19C cooler at idle, 58C max after an hour of stress testing at 3.9GHz and I think I can still lower the voltage.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

What!?!? 58C Max! Awesome! Were you able to maintain that OC with a lower voltage?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube