add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I assume they are in America? I would have built the cables myself, but I was being lazy since I was tackling all the tube bending and what not. So I just ordered a full set. It was a little pricey, but it is solid work.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, he's actually located in South Africa. This is his website. I ordered 4 cables: atx, cpu, and 2 pci-e at their appropriate lengths and it came up to $122, shipping included. The featured picture at the bottom of the site is my order, which is currently being shipped :)

I wanted to get a full set too, but I couldn't shelve out that $190+ haha But, honestly, MDPC-X cables are so nice to look at. They really hold by their mission statement: No Compromise

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice! Heck you already spent $122 what is another $70 lol? When I first installed them they were pretty tight in the base of the case. About 3 days later I am on the computer and lost all power. Could not figure it out. Thought maybe I fried my motherboard from overclocking. About 2 hours later I finally look down inside the base of the case and see the 24 power pin came undone due to the hardness of these cables. So I had to rearrange them. Very great quality.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha because that extra $70 could go to other parts of my build :p

Hmm, that's a little cause for worry. I usually don't stress too much about things like that, however. Pretty sure once they break in a bit they'll be more flexible. Have you had any other issues since then?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

True that. Nope. Once I rearranged the cables I have had zero problems since then. Been about 3 months since that issue happened. Since putting my waterpump down in the bottom it does take up some room.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, that's good to know!

Only reason I got 3 types of cables was because I was getting a case with a psu/basement cover, so only the right cables would show. I don't mind my sata cables staying black haha

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube