add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It basically shows that in real world performance it is slower. TBH I know nothing about internals. I only watch speeds.

Yes, and that speed jump isn't worth the extra money for the EVO. All the SSD's I mentioned give just about w t as much possible performance you can get out of a SATA port with the AHCI protocol for single client work loads.

Those are two fairly different boot time tests. Different hardware, ones a laptop,

I honestly didn't check lol. That was stupid on my part.

https://youtu.be/tXsDng1YBNQ?t=76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ZuyOtK1Kk

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

And the Zotac Premium which is exactly the same inside is $20 less.

I guess I'm not one of those people to spend extra money for something not that amazing.

Look at the PNY CS2111. The 2211 is supposed to be better, but the CS2111, which is the same as the BX100, is just as good if not better, and the 480gb version, has a much lower price/gb ratio, than the EVO 250gb.

Speaking of which, due to the AHCI/SATA bottleneck, there is no tangible difference in performance between this PNY SSD (which uses a proven Silicon Motion Controller and Micron MLC NAND) and a Samsung 850 Pro in single client workloads like launching software or transferring files around. The only place any difference will show up here, is in benchmarks that create workloads that simply don't happen with single client usage. The CS2111 is basically the exact same SSD as a Crucial BX100. In the 480GB size, it has enough interleave opportunity to perform with higher end drives near the AHCI/SATA choke point. -Allan_M_System

The EVO is not a bad performing SSD. As I previously stated, it is one of the best.

Of course, the value for it is pretty trash. Which is the point I am trying to get across...

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Speed isn't everything buddy.

You still have MLC vs TLC. Regardless of 3-D NAND.

Controller reliability. The SM2246EN is has a better record than some Samsung.

What the reviewers don't show us is if they used benchmark software for "real world test". Most if not all benchmarking sofwtware is unrealistic.

Did you understand when I quoted allan and he said: " due to the AHCI/SATA bottleneck, there is no tangible difference in performance between this PNY SSD (which uses a proven Silicon Motion Controller and Micron MLC NAND) and a Samsung 850 Pro in single client workloads like launching software or transferring files around."

Emphasis on single client, not multi client.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube