add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. The 970 can Max out any games at 1080p. The 1080 is more than 2 times as powerful. It is aimed at 4K and VR. It would get hundreds of FPS at 1080p. Even a 1070 would probably be overkill for 1080p. However I can understand the hype to get the latest and greatest. I would want a 1080 as well. I just wouldn't spend my money on something I can't utilize.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, I guess You're right. Plus, the 970 should drop a bit shouldn't it? In price that is.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe. Or possibly they'll release a 1060 soon. Either way, it will still be a good video card, and more worth the money.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Good tor hear, also I bumped up to get a k series cpu

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Glad I could help, and good luck with the build!

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

A final note, maybe consider upgrading to 16gb of ram as well. Especially with the extra cash saved by switching to the 1070.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube