add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

What is not good about that?

Its great. Its fantastic honestly. I don't know I guess what I'm trying to say is I just don't get why everyone's all freaking out when I consider it something to be expected. Just like I expect the pascals flagship to be whatevers next standard $350-$400 gpu (as long as the tech doesn't stagnate). I will say though I heard the 1080 is suppose to be twice as powerful as the titan X and that has me genuinely impressed.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I really take that with a grain of salt though outside of the VR benchmarks, where they derived those benchmarks. I am sure that the 1080 will be much better than the Titan X but I dont think we'll see gains like that in your average, non-VR games.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I ended up reading about the VR stuff after I made the post. But I'm wondering is VR easier to run than non VR? I thought VR would be more difficult. At the least I thought performance with non VR would scale with VR, So say the 1070 performed much better than the titan x in VR wouldn't it also perform much better in non VR too? I'm not well read on VR so if you could explain id appreciate it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube