add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I used all SP fans, because I wanted the PWM and the uniformity. I don't have any AF fans to see if the SP's are louder or not. I'm sure there are plenty of reviews that will give you decibels of each. Coming from the 250d as well, I can tell you that the 380 is much less restrictive with air flow, unless you take the front filter and panel off of the 250 . Also anything in front of any fan will restrict to some extent. I also plan to add a GPU rad, but I will mount mine in front due to space restrictions from the H105. Planned to do this from the get go, so the SP fans made more sense for me. I did look at the AF fans too, but without the PWM I decided to go the SP route. Given what I understand about static pressure, the SP fans probably get better air flow through the front mesh. I would say in the overall scheme of things, if noise isn't an issue, the performance difference between the AF's and the SP's is probably negligible when used as case fans. With the SPs performing slightly better due to their higher static pressure, but they may be slightly louder. The performance editions of both AF and SP produce about the same amount of CFMs. So unless the fans are completely unrestricted, the higher static pressure should be better. This is all assumption based on my research and knowledge of the subject. I could be completely wrong. I'm just waiting for carsair to drop an SP120 led rgb ring pwm fan (think thermaltake riing but with programmable changing colors, SP performance and PWM) Feel free to ask more if you want. I dont mind.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Many thanks for all your help with this. In the end, I decided to use the Phanteks PH-PWHUB_01 hub controller, along with 3 SP non-led fans and two SP white led fans in the front. These fans are more similar in CFM than the AF led fans. For some reason, it seems that the led, quiet and performance editions all vary in CFM with the SP fans being most similar between both performance and led. I'm not entirely sure why the spec ratings for led and non-led fans are different, but it seems they are with a larger gap existing when comparing equivalent AF and SP fans. I don't get it, but it is what it is. I love your build though. It's an awesome and clean setup. I am curious as to where you got your psu cables from and how much they cost because I'd love to get myself some black and white cables that are cut to length so I don't have all this extra cable to hide.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

*Cables are corsairs, bought them on amazon. Unfortunately the 24 pin is sold separately (Thanks for nickel and diming me corsair!)

*24 pin

*all others

*Thanks for the love! It's almost finished just waiting for my HG10 N980 and I'd like to do some thing with lighting. I knew it would be a sexy build, but I never envisioned it being so popular. It can certainly handle anything I throw at it. Stays cool and quiet enough in the entertainment center. I almost want to build a green one (if corsair would ever release other colors as they intended!) Also EVGA needs to step up the their feature set on their late model mobo's. Im ready to do an m.2 raid.

*Good luck with your build! make sure you post it and take lots of pics. I still love seeing 380t builds.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube