add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Graphics cards have no issue with the NH-D14 if it's facing front-back, (as opposed to bottom-top). However, Vengeance Pro memory cannot be used with the NH-D14. The heatsinks on the sticks are too tall.

If you want the NH-D14, look for low-profile memory kits. Vengeance LP for example. With an NH-D14 you won't be able to see the sticks at all, so if you're considering aesthetics for RAM that will work using the NH-D14, don't.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I really want to use the H100i over the NH D14, but it just worries me because im scared of a possible leak lol.

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

They're both great coolers. If you don't like the look of the NH-D14, try the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. They come in tons of different colors and perform exactly the same as the NH-D14. The only difference really is the fans.

I know you're worried about closed liquid cooling horror stories, but just know that it's really rare to have those cases. And also keep in mind that for every negative post you see online, there are 100 other people who haven't had any problem, and therefore haven't felt the need to make a positive post.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

The look between the two fan coolers don't really worry me, but the problem now is the RAM won't fit. Ive already ordered everything but the CPU cooler lol, so I would need to either just go with the H100i and pray it doesn't leak, or find a CPU Fan cooler that can match the performance of the NH-D14 and Phanteks but still fit and not cause problems with the Vengeance Ram.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you looked at single-tower heatsinks? The NH-D14 and PH-TC14 are both twin-tower heatsinks. Most single-towers won't have any issue with RAM. And if you filter for Noctua and Phanteks, you'll find some great single-tower options.

They won't perform as well as the H100i, but if you're really worried about leaks (which you don't need to be!) then those are rock solid options.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

You talked me into it haha. I decided to go for the H100i. I gotta say you have helped me alot and i think you should definitely do some sort of youtube channel.

You know your ****, and you make other first time builders more confident! Btw you mind looking over my build and letting me know what you think? We have pretty similar builds.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Knightz/saved/2kxX

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube