The new home of the Proton build's innards. After finding that my second video card was overheating and that my ability to overclock was severely hampered by what my motherboard was capable of, I decided to move everything into an entirely new case with much improved ventilation, and pulled the water cooling in favor of a more back to basics heatsink.
I admit that so far I do not have much to add about this system, except that although I'm happy with my case I acknowledge it has some issues.
Issue one was that the motherboard screws strip very easily. I had a bunch of basic screws not listed in the part list which have a coarser thread that works fine. I'm not entirely sure what they are for as all screws are accounted for and all drives latch in. Maybe they're for the SSD caddys, but I used some screws that I already had.
Issue two was that there is effectively zero clearance in the top of the case for fans. While I could possibly do the water-cooler look that I did with the Photon build, That requires me finding two fans that don't look terrible outside the case - and plus I'm using the top as an exhaust so the wires would be harder to hide. Instead I planned ahead and positioned the heatsink facing upwards, only to discover that I still had to notch one of the fans to make room for my RAM.
Issue three is the minimal room between the bottom video card and the PSU, but that's really more about crossfire/SLI not being as commonplace. A simple intake fan solves the problem. Frankly I'm happy that my motherboard has so many fan headers, all I needed was three splitters and I have 7 fans plus the cpu fan hooked into it. The only tweak of note was that I set the HDD LED a a "sleep" LED (my mobo supports a dual-color power LED, and I don't need a power LED because of all the blue fans)