My old case was an eye sore, so I jumped on the opportunity to upgrade to an S340 Elite. However that led to a bunch of bad decisions, like buying more computer parts and slowly removing everything out of it.
So here we are after three months; replacing part by part when sales occurred. It's a true mismatch of parts, no real coherent theme but it's mine and I love it.
Completely revised for 2018
Ended up replacing a lot of things since they either failed or didn't meet my expectations.
- Corsair H110i - defective fan controller
- Gigabyte Gaming 5 - no POST, 4-5 week RMA process
- Gigabyte 1070 Xtreme Gaming - I wanted more FPS for 1440p 144hz
- X-Star Korean PLS monitor - too much screen tearing
- Logitech G410 - It felt cheap, and I missed having a back plate from better mechanical keyboards.
This thing really keeps it simple; no USB header or clunky software required.
This isn't going to be the best motherboard on the market, or maybe even in its price range. However it works well enough, and I like the more subtle back/edge lit LED as opposed to other mobos that shine it directly in your face.
Great performer, and very quiet fans.
Only downside is strictly aesthetic; RGB lighting is limited to the logo, and the overall red theme can be a bit hard to match with.
Easy recommendation to anyone that doesn't need many plugs, or a fully modular system. Fans are quiet, and its rated among the most efficient in its class.