Sold my ps4 to partially finance this because like most of you I'm addicted to building pcs and feel console gaming is fail unless u like 25fps.
- CPU - bro works at Intel and hooked me up with this price
- cooler - much better than fans....cooling is awesome can crank this processor and stay in 60's no problem. RAM - paid a few bucks more for exact match with asrock color scheme
- GPU - this was by far the best price / performance ratio at time of build - solid 60 fps on metro last light redux 1080p ultra, 45-50 fps on dragon age inquisition ultra, etc. More than adequate for a light use living room build. Play with ambient occlusion and type of anti aliasing which often can fluctuate any build dramatically in terms of fps- everything else cranked all the way up.
- case - thought long and hard on this. Wanted window in a mini itx - if u want to see the guts in a mini itx this is the best case out there, but let me know if u know of something better.
- mobo - have had good experiences with asrock lately, value, and z97 - solid overclocker
- power supply - u don't need 750 watts for these GPUs although many call for that in descriptions - this one is more than adequate and obviously one of best brands. Was very impressed with build/feel, packaging, etc everything felt very high end. And it's fully modular. Fans - I like Blue obviously
Placement on this rig is in my entertainment center in family room. Having tested temps, GPU runs about 2-3 degrees hotter in cabinet, CPU no different since radiator sits behind front intake. Installed fan exhaust in back of cabinet. So I'm good with that - will have no effect on GPU performance and we stay at max 72 degrees for GPU.
Will add a few more pics at some point.
Feb 15 2015 Edit: Took some pics with my DSLR and added in. Deleted some of the crappy iPhone pics from before.